Blue Sheese, Spinach & Walnut Gnocchi
One of the excuses that people use not to go vegan is they'd miss cheese. There are really good dairy free cheeses available and if you like blue cheese you'll love this recipe. Creamy and a strong blue cheese taste. I guarantee you'd think it wasn't vegan. Using English Blue Sheese (highly recommended).
Servings 2 people
- 250 g gnocchi cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced/chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- Pinch of sea/pink salt
- 150 g baby spinach washed
- 200 ml vegan cream I used Alpro soya cream
- Season with black pepper
- 25 g vegan blue cheese Grated (+ extra for the top)
- Handful of chopped walnuts + extra to sprinkle on top.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil while you prepare the sauce.Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened. Pour in the cream, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and follow cooking instructions.Add the spinach, walnuts, Sheese and cooked gnocchi to the cream sauce. Stir until combined then pour into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with a little more Sheese and walnuts.Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
TIP: You can use cashew, soya, coconut, or any vegan cream (not a sweetened one)