Cookies – 6 Chocolate Chip & 6 Sultana
I've got over 100 recipes and not a good recipe for cookies. So, here it is. I made it with wholemeal flour to keep it healthier. This recipe makes 12 large cookies. 6 chocolate chip & 6 sultana. You can halve the ingredients to make 6 of your favourite or double the chocolate chips/sultans to make 12 of your favourite.
Servings: 12 large cookies
- two large baking tins/trays
- 400 g wholemeal flour or use a flour of your choice
- 1.5 cup coconut sugar or a sugar of your choice
- 1 tsp pink/sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g oats
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g chocolate chips I used Plamil chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp soda
- Makes 12 large cookies – 6 chocolate chip & 6 sultanaPreheat oven 190C/374FTo a large bowl add the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Mix together with a hand whisk then add the melted coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until you get a thick cookie dough. Separate the dough 50/50 (I did this on the scales). Add the chocolate chips to one half and the sultanas to the other. Using your hands mix the added ingredients into the dough. Pop into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon scoop 6 large equal balls (6 chocolate & 6 sultana) of dough and spread on a lined baking tin. Leave a 2" gap between the balls of dough. I had to use two tins. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Place the tins on a wire rack and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes to set before removing them. Enjoy!
TIP: The cookies will set as the cool from the oven. Let them sit for 20-30 minutes before removing from the tin or they can crumble.