Mixed Bean Chilli
A cheap and easy chilli made with ingredients most of us have in the cupboards.
- 1 tin mixed beans drained
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsp gravy granules
- 1 tsp chilli powder use more if you like it hot
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Generous pinch of pink/sea salt
- Season with black pepper I use lots
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a frying pan on a medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic and pepper for 3-4 minutes to soften.Add the tomatoes, beans, chilli, cumin, salt & pepper. Mix together and bring to a simmer. Add the gravy granules and stir in. Simmer for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally). Serve with rice, tortilla chips, guacamole & plain dairy free yoghurt.
Tip: I Used up some grilled peppers in this recipe but normally I’d use a chopped fresh one. You can fry it with the onion & garlic or add it when you add the chopped tomatoes. I’m not a big fan of hot food so added 1 tsp of hot chilli powder. If you like your chilli with a kick then add more to suite your tastes. Why not make double the amount and freeze it for another day.