Brighton Based Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer & Sports Nutritionist
Q & A
1. Please tell me a little more about yourself and your social media.
1. My name is Gergo, I’m a Personal Trainer in PureGym Brighton Central. I’m specialised in Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, I’m also a Sports Nutritionist.I believe in training, nutrition and recovery go hand-in-hand, and we have to treat all in synergy, that’s why I call my company Train ComplEat. You can find me on Instagram: https://www.
instagram.com/gergo_jonas/ @ gergo_jonas where I upload daily fitness content, on Youtube: https://www.youtube. com/channel/ UCpPk9kopa0R9xZT5EtxIRUQ for longer videos as Train Compleat, Facebook: https://www. facebook.com/traincompleat/ and on my Website: www.TrainComplEat.com
2. I’ve been vegan for more than 3 years now.
3. After studying nutrition, I realised that there are other, and potentially better ways for a fitter and healthier lifestyle than the traditional “fitness diet”. I went vegan from one day to another and never turned back. No animal has to suffer for my gains, I hope I can show a good example that everyone can become stronger and fitter on a plant-based diet.
4. I’m much more conscious about what I eat, where do I get my vitamins and minerals from. Also because of the increased carbohydrate intake, my energy level went up, I can train harder and longer. I can stay lean year-round, I’m always ready for a photoshoot which is never a bad thing.
5. I don’t see any drawbacks being vegan.
6. Hmm… I like simple meals. Beans and Potatoes are always working.
7. No, but if you do, you can always find substitutes nowadays. Brighton is pretty good in vegan junk food and mock meat in general.
8. I don’t want to convince anyone, results speak for themselves. I try to influence people with my actions. Walk the talk and people will follow.
9. Seeing the progress of my clients.
10. Go for it, you won’t be disappointed, just make sure you eat enough, plants are low in calories and high in fiber, which is good for weight loss, but if you want to keep your weight and energy level, you need to eat the same calories than before the diet switch.
"I like simple meals. Beans and Potatoes"
No animal has to suffer for my gains, I hope I can show a good example that everyone can become stronger and fitter on a plant-based diet.
- Gergo Jonas