Q & A
1. Please tell me a little more about yourself and your social media.1. I’m the managing director and co-founder of plant-based news the world’s leading vegan news media and health Education platform. Our social media is focused on educating people on the benefits of a plant-based diet as well as the environmental consequences of reducing animal products in the diet. I am originally from Zimbabwe in Africa, I moved to the United Kingdom in 1999 to further my career in design and digital marketing.
2. How long have you been vegan?
2. I have been vegan for 7 years, I recently had my veganniversary.
3. Why did you decide to go vegan?
3. I went vegan after a series of health problems. I began exploring diet and the affect on the body and this resulted in discovering the plant-based and vegan lifestyle. I watched Food Inc, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead as well as Earthlings, the documentary. This film was the final reason, it helped unlock the realisation that humanity has inflicted the most unspeakable horrors on our animal cousins and that I no longer wished to play a part in it.
4. How has it changed your life, health and outlook?
4. It has changed my life In many ways, it has given my life a lot of purposes and it has also allowed me to live a more vibrant life. I feel more at peace.
5. What’s the hardest thing about being vegan?
5. The hardest thing about being vegan is other people’s attitudes and the social conditioning in our Society.
6. What’s your favourite meal?
6. My favourite meal is a Buddha bowl which usually contains a wide variety of foods, like baked tofu, rice, broccoli, black beans and other yummy things like that. Probably covered in tahini too!
7. Are there any foods you miss or crave?
7. I don’t really miss anything. I feel like there is so much choice now how could you miss anything?
8. Have you convinced any friends or family to change their lifestyle?
8. Many. Both my parents are now vegan and most of my friends have cut back on meat considerably. Many have quit dairy totally.
9. Who/what is your biggest inspiration?
9. My mom and dad who went vegan and 60 🙂
10. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about going vegan?
10. Take it slow and do not be too hard on yourself. Doing this is a really positive step, it won’t always be easy, you won’t always be perfect but do your best. Your body and the animals will thank you.!
"I don't really miss anything being vegan. I feel like there is so much choice now how could you miss anything?"
It has changed my life In many ways, it has given my life a lot of purposes and it has also allowed me to live a more vibrant life. I feel more at peace.
- Robbie Lockie