I was asked to come up with some desserts for Valentines day & the first one that came to mind was tiramisu. This is a rich & creamy dessert that you can share, or eat to yourself.
Servings 4 people
- 270 ml vegan double cream I used Elmlea
- 255 g vegan cream cheese plain
- 8 small sponges (I used OGG's ready made) to fit each glass. To make your own see tips below.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tsp brandy optional
- 1/3 cup sugar I used coconut sugar
- cocoa powder for dusting the top
- To a large bowl pour in the cream, vanilla and sugar. Whisk for a few minutes until it starts to thicken. Now add the cheese and whisk until combined.
Making sure your coffee is cool add the brandy and give it a stir.
Dip the sponge briefly in the coffee and then place in the base of each glass.*
Add a layer of cream then repeat with another dipped sponge. Top with cream and dust with cocoa powder.
I highly recommend setting the desserts in the fridge for at least two hours. This will make sure the dessert is cold and the flavours have been absorbed into the cream and sponge.*To make your own sponge use my Coffee & Walnut recipe but use half the mixture & substitute the coffee for 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Tip: I used ready made sponges to make this recipe quick & easy. If you wanted to make your own sponge check out my recipe for Coffee & Walnut cake https://aaroncaldervegan.com/coffee-w… but leave out the coffee & add an extra teaspoon of vanilla. Dip the sponge briefly in the coffee or it will get too soggy.