Vegan Meatloaf (Mock Meat Style)
Intro: After I made my other Meatless Meatloaf recipe with chickpeas and vegetables I wanted to make a mock meat version so everyone is happy. My other recipe takes a while to set before serving but this one can be served straight from the oven.
- 1 pack of mock vegan mince I used Naked Glory
- generous pinch of sea/pink salt
- season with black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs I used wholemeal
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp gravy granules
- 3 tsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- Preheat oven to 200oC/392oFMix all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl. Once it comes together use your hands to firmly combine the ingredients. You want to gently squeeze the mince with the other ingredients so the liquid soaks into the breadcrumbs and helps it bind.Place on a lined/oiled baking tray and shape into a loaf. Drizzle with a little oil and bake for 25-30 minutes.Mix the gravy, cranberry and water to form a thick glaze. Remove from the oven and spoon/brush the glaze over the loaf. Pop back into the oven for another 10 minutes.Serve with roast veggies and gravy. Enjoy!
Tip: When forming the meatloaf be firm and make sure the meatloaf is solid when placing in the oven. I always make my own breadcrumbs by putting 2-3 slices of bread in my blender/food processor and blend until you have crumbs. Works out cheaper and you get the health benefits of wholemeal bread.