White Chocolate & Raspberry Tart
I'm a huge fan of white chocolate and being vegan doesn't mean I had to give up this treat. This rich and creamy tart will satisfy anyone regardless of their lifestyle. With a raw mixed nut base and just 4 ingredient filling you will find this tart not only easy to make but delicious.
Servings 8 slices
- 300 g mixed nuts unsalted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- generous pinch of sea/pink salt
- 400 ml coconut cream a tin of coconut milk will work too
- 400 g vegan white chocolate I used Plamil *see tips for more brands
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of fresh raspberries
- For best results place the nuts in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add the oil, salt and syrup and blend briefly until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the cream into a pan heat gently (too high will burn the chocolate). Add the chocolate (chopped) and vanilla. Heat and continuously stir until the chocolate is melted. Turn off the heat. Remove the base from the fridge and add a few raspberries. Pour over the filling (gently) and let it cool for 30 minutes. Pop in the fridge to set for at least 5-6 hours. You will see once it's set as the filling will be firm. Enjoy!
Tip: When forming the base press firmly to form the crust. Once I filled the base with chocolate I let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before refrigerating. It sets in 5-6 hours or you can leave it overnight. I used a long tin but a circular tin is fine too. Be sure to use a tin with a loose base. If you don’t like raspberries use your favorite fruit.
- You can buy vegan white chocolate in Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco and health stores.