Tangy Vegan Koftas
A great summer recipe that you can pop on the BBQ.
Servings: 6 koftas
- 1 pack Meatless Farm mince or Naturli mince both available from Sainsburys. Or use Linda McCartney sausages.
- 25 g chopped coriander
- generous pinch of pink/sea salt
- black pepper - to season
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (homemade or shop bought) I make my own by blending wholemeal bread in my food processor until I have crumbs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice from one squeezed lemon
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Let the mince mix sit in the fridge (covered) overnight or at least one hour to soak up the flavours.Shape 6 koftas around the skewers. Press the mix firmly around the skewers to stop them crumbling when cooking.Cook on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes (turning occasionally) until golden brown. Alternatively fry in a little oil for ten minutes. Turning to cook eat side. Bake in the oven 180C for 20 minutes.Serve with vegan sour cream or dairy-free plain yoghurt.