BBQ Pulled 'Pork' Balls
Funnily enough my partner (who's about 90% vegan) made these for a dinner party but used real pork. I wasn't happy he used pork so we came to a compromise that if I could recreate the recipe 'vegan' style he'd not use pork again. I made the balls using Vivera pulled veggie and we served them up to unsuspecting guests at a dinner party. They thought it was real pork and they've become a favourite of ours.
Servings: 6 balls
- 1 pack vegan pulled pork (200g approx) or 200g bbq pulled jackfruit
- season with pink/sea salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs blend sliced bread in your food processor/blender until you get crumbs. Better than shop bought and healthier.
- 1 chia egg 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp hot water. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Helps bind the ingredients.
- olive oil to coat the balls
TIP: If you can't get Vivera you can use pulled bbq jackfruit instead. As I try and be healthy these are oven baked but if you want a real treat then deep fat fry them.
Amazon = products I use & recommend: HERE